United Airlines Pilot Long Term Disability Plan
Harvey W. Watt & Co. is recognized as the industry leader in managing insurance programs specifically for pilots. We understand that there are few occupations that are as demanding as that of the professional pilot. There are even fewer that impose the stringent health requirements demanded of every pilot. A slight medical deficiency could ground you indefinitely, causing you to lose income and suffer severe financial hardship. Even when they have disability benefits from their airline, may pilots implement one or more of our coverages to get through the tough times. Since 1951 when Harvey Watt & Co. pioneered the development of Group Airline Pilot Occupational Disability, we have worked exclusively with professional pilots to keep them in the air or help them in every possible way that we can when they are unable to be flying. With the help of the Harvey Watt Aerospace Medical Network, you can rest assured that every claim is evaluated by an experienced and knowing team of Senior AME’s, Flight Surgeon Nurse, or FAA trained claims consultant. We can answer your questions in regards to your claim and help guide you in getting back to work through our resources and the FAA.
What we Do for Disabled Pilots:
- We personally interview each prospective pilot in order to provide prompt handling of their disability claim.
- We assist each pilot who files a claim to evaluate their potential to recertify for their FAA Medical Certification.
- We provide assistance to the pilot with FAA Medical Certification through Harvey W. Watt & Co. Medical Directors.
- We direct the pilot to resources who can provide assistance with Social Security denials.
- We monitor each claim closely to ensure that the pilot is receiving appropriate care and treatment.
- With our medical network, we can provide pilots with Second Opinions or Independent Medical Evaluations that can assist the pilot in determining the best course of treatment and/or return to work potential.
- We assist the pilot in helping them to understand their Long Term Disability Coverage.
Continental Long Term Disability Claim Application (Use the CAL packet if your Date of Disability occured prior to 01/01/2013 (not form fill).
United Airlines Pilot Long Term Disability Plan - Part 1 (Employee Statement)
United Airlines Pilot Long Term Disability Plan - Part 2 (Initial Physician Statement)
State of New Jersey Temporary Disability Packet
When filing a claim contact your Account Representative, J. Michael Young - (800)-241-6103 ext 239